- What Do You Drive?
Please answer the following questions before adding to cart to help us provide you with customized for your specific vehicle.
- Doug Thorley Headers have been the cream of the performance exhaust crop since 1958
- Custom-made for your vehicle from durable 14-gauge steel tubing for longevity and a precise fit
- Doug Thorley Headers are available for your vehicle in one of three header styles:
- Tri-Y Headers: Doug Thorley Tri-Y Headers feature unique engineering that properly matches your firing sequence, freeing your engine from the strain of pushing exhaust gasses. Provides power from idle through 4500 RPM
- Shortie Headers: The easiest Doug Thorley Headers to install, these custom models are made short to fit limited space vehicles. Special care is taken to preserve emissions mounting positions for smog legality
- Long Tube Headers: For power in the mid to high RPM ranges, Doug Thorley Long Pipe Headers are tuned to deliver. They're the ideal pick for high-horsepower street vehicles
- Doug Thorley Headers utilize a polished nickel chrome finish or a heavy-duty metallic ceramic coating that reduces under hood temperatures
- Because Doug Thorley Headers are made to stringent 50 state smog law standards, all headers are available with the necessary smog equipment and mounting spots
- Doug Thorley Headers include a model-specific gasket for a leak-free fit (most vehicles)
- Each model includes all necessary O2 sensor bosses for factory sensors
- Proudly made in the USA
- Your Doug Thorley Headers carry a Lifetime Warranty for the original owner
It was the late 1950s, during the golden era of hot rods, when Doug Thorley crafted his plans for the highest quality headers on the block. Fine tuning, superior craftsmanship and unmatched attention to detail helped Doug Thorley Headers power street racers everywhere.
Now 50 years later, Doug Thorley Headers are built with the same mission in mind: amping-up the power of your street ride. Thorley Headers use one of three souped-up designs: a unique Tri-Y setup that roars from idle up to 4500 RPM; shortie headers for ease of installation and smog compliance; and long tube headers that specialize in mid to high RPM power.
Because they're setup for the streets, Thorley Headers also feature the hardware and custom flanging to be 50-state smog legal (some shortie applications). Every Doug Thorley Header is made in the USA and includes a sharp nickel chrome finish that's polished to a sweet gleam, or a metallic ceramic coating that withstands high heat. And, your Doug Thorley Headers carry a Lifetime Warranty for the original owner.
Thanks to the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act: US Code – Title 15, Chapter 50, Sections 2301-2312, your vehicle’s factory warranty is protected by law when you add aftermarket parts. Details
Doug Thorley Headers Customer Reviews
94 Customer Reviews
Sort Reviews By:
Reviewed by steve g (HIGHLAND, IN) Reviewed for a 2008 Pontiac Grand Prix — Mar 08, 2017 8:21 PM
Great gain in performance, but did add a little more noise from exhaust.
Reviewed by Stephen A (San Jose, CA) Reviewed for a 1988 Toyota Pickup — Feb 21, 2017 2:37 AM
Installation went like every set of headers that I have installed in my automotive life. By that I mean that exhaust pipe bending and replacement was required. As I am 68 years old, it is unlikely that I will ever install another set of headers in my life. I have never installed a set that did NOT require major work by the muffler shop to complete the installation. However, they addressed the performance problem I was seeking to correct. The unexpected benefit was a quieter exhaust.
Reviewed by Larry E (Riverside, CA) Reviewed for a 1997 Toyota Tacoma — Sep 22, 2016 9:36 PM
This was one of the first big mods i did to my 97 tacoma and i am so happy with the result. i added a gibson cat back and the truck sounds like a beast.
Reviewed by Clinton f (JONESBOROUGH, TN) Reviewed for a 2013 Chevy Silverado — Jul 25, 2016 9:01 PM
I play proball and my buddy on my team has the doug thorley longtubes on his 09 6.2 silverado and he talked about it helping more with Power than even his Tuner. He wasn't lying. As far as installation goes. Just take your time and do it right. Take a day and do it right and it's not bad at all. Once you get the stock headers off putting the new ones on is not bad. Use PB blaster to loosen old headers. Much easier after
Reviewed by Robert W (CAMARILLO, CA) Reviewed for a 1998 Toyota Tacoma — Jul 13, 2016 5:14 PM
I have put on several sets of headers over the years and it has always been a fight. My stock toyota manifold had cracked into two pieces and I had the choice of spending the same amount of money on a manifold from toyota or the headers. I opted for the headers and the install was actually easier than the removal. I would have never guessed that it would be that straight forward. Performance it seems that my mileage is up slightly and the engine rev's more freely up to the 6000+ RPM range.