Your sunroof can be hard to enjoy if you find yourself battling wind noise and huge gusts every time you open it. Fortunately, there’s a simple solution to this problem — a sunroof deflector from AutoAnything. Sunroof deflectors are designed to redirect the onslaught of in-bound wind to minimize wind noise when your sunroof is open. With this easy-to-install accessory, you can cruise down the highway or enjoy the country air in a calm driving environment.
The Installation Guide
Here are some handy tips to keep in mind when you’re ready to install your new sunroof deflector:
- Clean your vehicle—especially the rim of your sunroof—and dry the surface completely.
- Place the deflector on the sunroof, positioning it where you would like it. Outline the deflector with masking tape.
- Gently rub the surface around the front perimeter of the sunroof frame with an alcohol wipe and let the area dry. This allows the deflector tape to adhere to the area securely.
- Peel off the tape backing and gently pull back until all of the tape is exposed.
- Lightly place the deflector on the sunroof, aligning it with your masking tape markings. When you’re sure that it’s positioned correctly, firmly press on the deflector to secure it to your vehicle.
Note: Although installation instructions vary depending on your vehicle and the deflector you choose, the steps listed above provide the basics when it comes to setting up your new sunroof deflector.
Tips and Tricks from AutoAnything
- Properly measure your sunroof. Before buying a sunroof deflector, we recommend measuring the width of your sunroof first, then add two inches to your measurement to select the proper size. For example, if you measure your sunroof at 32.5 inches, you will want to purchase a deflector that’s 34.5 inches. This provides a one inch overlap on either side of the sunroof. This is the optimal spacing to minimize wind buffeting and ensures little-to-no interference with sunroofs equipped with a tilting feature
- Select the appropriate deflector. AutoAnything recommends sticking with top brands that have years of experience designing cutting-edge sunroof deflectors, bug deflectors and rain guards. Examples include the AVS Windflector Sunroof Deflector and the WeatherTech Sunroof Wind Deflector. For more information about specific products, you can even check out the numerous customer reviews on our website