- 1-Year Lower-Price Guarantee
- What Do You Drive?
Please answer the following questions before adding to cart to help us provide you with customized for your specific vehicle.
- The Diamond-Tread Tailgate Cap is custom-designed for a form-fit onto your truck's exact year, make and model
- Your Diamond-Tread Tailgate Cap wraps over the top of your factory tailgate cap to protect against scrapes, dings and dents caused by shifting cargo
- Crafted from heavy-duty diamond-treaded aluminum
- The Diamond-Tread Tailgate Cap features a 3M adhesive mount (screws also included if needed)—serving up a shift-free fit with only minimal drilling
- Team up your Diamond-Tread Tailgate Cap with Dee Zee's matching Diamond-Tread Side Bed Caps for total protection
- Dee Zee covers your Diamond-Tread Tailgate Cap with a limited lifetime warranty
Even normal, everyday use of your tailgate can lead to nicks, dents and scrapes. Besides being unsightly, this damage to your paintjob can lead to a nasty case of rust, and one large invoice from the body shop. Protect your truck bed (and wallet) with Dee Zee's Diamond-Tread Tailgate Cap.
The Diamond-Tread Tailgate Cap's strength, durability and steely good looks stem from the metal it's made from-heavy-gauge slabs of diamond-treaded aluminum.
The Diamond-Tread Tailgate Cap is custom-designed for a perfect fit onto your rig. Plus, you get to choose between two rugged finishes: the Polished BriteGuard or sleek Black-Tread.
Your Diamond-Tread Tailgate Cap installs securely using 3M adhesive (screws also included if needed). What's more, your Dee Zee Diamond-Tread Tailgate Cap comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
- For the most secure mount possible, some light drilling is required to install your Diamond-Tread Tailgate Cap.
- The Diamond-Tread Tailgate Cap only covers the top rail section of your tailgate. The matching side bed rail caps and front bed cap in the image are available in our Bed Caps and Bed Rails section.
Dee Zee Diamond-Tread Tailgate Cap Customer Reviews
160 Customer Reviews
Sort Reviews By:
Reviewed by Jerry W (Coarsegold, CA) Reviewed for a 2006 Dodge Ram — Nov 20, 2017 8:33 PM
The first I saw of the Dee Zee tailgate cover told me what was inside the box. The box had been bent about a third down from the top. When I pulled the tailgate cover out, it was bent and the aluminum was stretched and it couldn't be straightened out to where it wouldn't be noticed. All I wanted was what I paid for, in new condition.Auto anything sent me a different one at no charge and made it right. Thank You.
Reviewed by Regina W (POTTERSVILLE, MO) Reviewed for a 2000 Dodge Ram — Jun 19, 2017 10:13 PM
just repainted 2000 Dodge Ram 2500 & installed a new grill guard, grill & tailgate cap. The truck looks new & shines from front to back.
Reviewed by Adrian M (HOSCHTON, GA) Reviewed for a 2009 Ford F-150 — May 16, 2017 7:32 PM
Very good quality and appearance but I doesn't fit properly, it's cut too short. So you are gonna end up have a half inch gap on each side.
Reviewed by Homer M (Stonewall, LA) Reviewed for a 2017 Dodge Ram — Apr 14, 2017 4:07 AM
I was disappointed in my cap, It did not cover my tail gate, only about1/3 of it, Started to return it, Will find a full cover and trash this one